Couple plans wedding aboard homemade pirate ship
July 5, 2013 (ROCKTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A groom-to-be is going to extreme measures to get the wedding of his dreams.
Tony Miller is building his very own pirate ship for his wedding next month.
Miller wants to exchange vows with fiancee Kaela on deck of the vessel he's constructing right now. Studying ships is his hobby and he designed their wedding craft inspired by his favorites.
As for the bride-to-be, Kaela always wanted to be married outside, but admits this is a little beyond what she had in mind.
The ship sits on a manmade pond surrounded by handmade boulders.
Tony says he is on track to finish his ship before the August 3 ceremony.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos