Couple plans wedding aboard homemade pirate ship
July 5, 2013 (ROCKTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A groom-to-be is going to extreme measures to get the wedding of his dreams.
Tony Miller is building his very own pirate ship for his wedding next month.
Miller wants to exchange vows with fiancee Kaela on deck of the vessel he's constructing right now. Studying ships is his hobby and he designed their wedding craft inspired by his favorites.
As for the bride-to-be, Kaela always wanted to be married outside, but admits this is a little beyond what she had in mind.
The ship sits on a manmade pond surrounded by handmade boulders.
Tony says he is on track to finish his ship before the August 3 ceremony.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 3 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 55 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor