Kevin Trudeau dodges jail, receiver to recover assets: Federal judge
July 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A federal judge in Chicago finds pitchman Kevin Trudeau in contempt, but declines to throw him in jail.
The Federal Trade Commission wanted Trudeau behind bars, until he pays back more than $37 million.
The agency says he cheated customers who purchased his weight loss book.
Trudeau says he doesn't have the money.
On Friday, the judge ordered a receiver to track down any assets that can be recovered.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand