Kevin Trudeau dodges jail, receiver to recover assets: Federal judge
July 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A federal judge in Chicago finds pitchman Kevin Trudeau in contempt, but declines to throw him in jail.
The Federal Trade Commission wanted Trudeau behind bars, until he pays back more than $37 million.
The agency says he cheated customers who purchased his weight loss book.
Trudeau says he doesn't have the money.
On Friday, the judge ordered a receiver to track down any assets that can be recovered.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case