Relatives of murder victim Ashley Hardmon march for peace in Austin
August 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A march in Chicago took place Wednesday night with a message to stop the violence.
Among those taking part was the mother of 19-year-old Ashley Hardmon. The teenager was gunned down last month near her home in the Austin neighborhood.
Pastor Ira Acree announced a $3,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Ashley Hardmon's killer.
Relatives of other murder victims also marched Wednesday night in the Austin community.
stop the violence, local
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 21 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum 26 min ago
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime 10 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Larkin High School poms squad honored 27 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day 28 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
20 min ago