Jesse Jackson Jr. submits prison location preferences
August 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Just two days before his sentencing, Jesse Jackson Jr.'s attorneys have filed a notice with the Bureau of Prisons on where the former congressman wants to serve his time.
Jackson is requesting facilities that would keep him close to his wife and children during incarceration.
If he serves time at a minimum security facility, he's asking to do time in Montgomery Alabama, because it's the closest such facility.
If he's assigned to a federal correctional institution, he's requesting Butner-Low in North Carolina.
Jackson's wife, Sandi will also be sentenced on Wednesday.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school 48 min ago
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party 40 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun...
48 min ago
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
43 min ago