Jesse Jackson Jr. submits prison location preferences
August 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Just two days before his sentencing, Jesse Jackson Jr.'s attorneys have filed a notice with the Bureau of Prisons on where the former congressman wants to serve his time.
Jackson is requesting facilities that would keep him close to his wife and children during incarceration.
If he serves time at a minimum security facility, he's asking to do time in Montgomery Alabama, because it's the closest such facility.
If he's assigned to a federal correctional institution, he's requesting Butner-Low in North Carolina.
Jackson's wife, Sandi will also be sentenced on Wednesday.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos