Jesse Jackson Jr. submits prison location preferences
August 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Just two days before his sentencing, Jesse Jackson Jr.'s attorneys have filed a notice with the Bureau of Prisons on where the former congressman wants to serve his time.
Jackson is requesting facilities that would keep him close to his wife and children during incarceration.
If he serves time at a minimum security facility, he's asking to do time in Montgomery Alabama, because it's the closest such facility.
If he's assigned to a federal correctional institution, he's requesting Butner-Low in North Carolina.
Jackson's wife, Sandi will also be sentenced on Wednesday.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
37 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
1 min ago