Mellody Hobson, George Lucas baby Everest born
August 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Newlyweds George Lucas and Mellody Hobson have a new baby.
Representatives for the creator of "Star Wars" announced the birth Monday.
Lucas, 69, and Hobson, who is president of Ariel Investments, were married in June.
In July, their wedding reception -- attended by many Hollywood stars and high-profile Chicagoans -- was held at Promontory Point.
The baby girl is named Everest Hobson Lucas.
She is the couple's first child and was born Friday via surrogate.
Hobson is Lucas' second wife and chairman of the board for DreamWorks Animation. Lucas also has a 32-year-old daughter, a 25-year-old daughter and a 20-year-old son. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lou Griffin.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 18 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw 19 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore 44 min ago
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later 43 min ago
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
18 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
19 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane search widens
9 min ago