Mellody Hobson, George Lucas baby Everest born
August 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Newlyweds George Lucas and Mellody Hobson have a new baby.
Representatives for the creator of "Star Wars" announced the birth Monday.
Lucas, 69, and Hobson, who is president of Ariel Investments, were married in June.
In July, their wedding reception -- attended by many Hollywood stars and high-profile Chicagoans -- was held at Promontory Point.
The baby girl is named Everest Hobson Lucas.
She is the couple's first child and was born Friday via surrogate.
Hobson is Lucas' second wife and chairman of the board for DreamWorks Animation. Lucas also has a 32-year-old daughter, a 25-year-old daughter and a 20-year-old son. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lou Griffin.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 1 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 45 min ago
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death 20 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 24 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos