Refrigerator Perry death reports untrue, Fridge Twitter says
August 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- William ''Refrigerator'' Perry is not dead, despite what you may have heard.
The defensive tackle for the Super Bowl champion '85 Bears took to Twitter Wednesday to assure the public he's alive and kicking.
"I heard about the rumors that I passed away online. #SMH. Just wanted to let everyone that they are not true and Im doing fine. Thanks guys!" @FridgePerry72 tweeted.
Perry even tweeted assurance to actor Ashton Kutcher.
"@aplusk I'm still for ya my man. Had to stick around for your Steve Jobs movie release. Good luck!" Perry tweeted.
Perry, 50, is a South Carolina native and former Pro-Bowler who was drafted in the first round of the 1985 draft by the Chicago Bears from Clemson. He helped the Bears win Super Bowl XX in his rookie season and spent 10 seasons in the NFL. He went to the Philadelphia Eagles from Chicago during the 1993 season.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence 54 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77