Jones College Prep new building ribbon cutting to be attended by Rahm Emanuel
August 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was scheduled to cut the ribbon at the newly renovated Jones College Prep high school.
An artist's rendering shows how the new school in the 600 and 700-blocks of South State Street will look.
The renovated school will nearly double the number of students admitted to the nationally ranked school to a total of 1,700 by 2016.
Approximately 11,000 students applied to Jones for this school year. To help meet that kind of demand, Mayor Emanuel announced in January that not only would the old Jones building stay open, but the freshmen class would be enlarged each year for the next four years.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates