Construction begins on CTA Cermak Green Line station
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and local officials will break ground Thursday on the new Cermak Green Line station, a $50 million construction project that could reshape the area around McCormick Place.
The station will be located near the intersection of Cermak Avenue and State Street and directly west of the McCormick Place Convention Center.
The main station building will be on the north side of Cermak Road and will be located in the 2 mile stretch between the existing Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT Green Line stations.
The new CTA station is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates