Speed cameras positioned along I-57 work zones in Kankakee
September 3, 2013 (KANKAKEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Drivers better watch the speed limit along work zones on Interstate 57.
The Illinois Department of Transportation and Illinois State Police are using photo speed enforcement in work zones on I-57 in Kankakee.
The goal is to decrease speeds, improve driver attentiveness and save lives.
"When the vehicle is within 100, 200 feet of the van and they have not slowed down then this radar will trigger the cameras," said Priscilla Tobias, IDOT.
The fines are the same whether you're caught speeding by an officer or the camera.
The first time fine is $375, the second time fine is $1,000.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 28 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert 23 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
28 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
23 min ago