Police investigate possible attempted abduction in Washington Park
September 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are investigating after three children said they were approached by a man as they walked to school in the Washington Park neighborhood.
The children, a fourth-grader and her two younger brothers, were on their way to CICS Washington Park Charter School on Friday around 7:15 a.m. when they say a man in a white van tried to lure them inside near the corner of 59th and Indiana on the city's South Side.
Police say the children's stories have inconsistencies, but continue to investigate.
After Friday's possible attempted abduction, police reviewed a second, separate incident of possible child abduction. Last week a child told police she was also approached by a man in a car. Police decided that case was "not bona fide" and ended that investigation.
"We just want to make the community aware of what's going on. We need more eyes," Stacey Shells, Victory Education Partners, said.
CICS is a charter school.
chicago news, local, evelyn holmes
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 49 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 29 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos