Teen accused of carjacking off-duty Chicago police officer
September 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenager accused of carjacking an off-duty Chicago police officer two weeks ago was being held on $400,000 bond.
Christopher Jones was already in police custody for an unrelated burglary when he was accused of the carjacking. Jones faces a series of charges, including theft, vehicular hijacking, and aggravated battery.
The police sergeant suffered minor injuries during the carjacking and was treated at the scene in the 6900-block of East End avenue in the South Shore neighborhood.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 57 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 33 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
33 min ago