Teen accused of carjacking off-duty Chicago police officer
September 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenager accused of carjacking an off-duty Chicago police officer two weeks ago was being held on $400,000 bond.
Christopher Jones was already in police custody for an unrelated burglary when he was accused of the carjacking. Jones faces a series of charges, including theft, vehicular hijacking, and aggravated battery.
The police sergeant suffered minor injuries during the carjacking and was treated at the scene in the 6900-block of East End avenue in the South Shore neighborhood.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 45 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 52 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- Spring Tech Gadgets
13 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos