Teen accused of carjacking off-duty Chicago police officer
September 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenager accused of carjacking an off-duty Chicago police officer two weeks ago was being held on $400,000 bond.
Christopher Jones was already in police custody for an unrelated burglary when he was accused of the carjacking. Jones faces a series of charges, including theft, vehicular hijacking, and aggravated battery.
The police sergeant suffered minor injuries during the carjacking and was treated at the scene in the 6900-block of East End avenue in the South Shore neighborhood.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos