Former Mayor Daley visits Gary revitalization efforts
September 28, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Richard Daley spent part of Saturday in Gary, Indiana, as the former Chicago mayor visited the town's Tolleston neighborhood, which is part of a revitalization community clean-up.
The initiative was developed with Daley, students from the University of Chicago and the city of Gary.
During the visit, students also helped to take surveys of vacant and abandoned properties in the area.
Since the program launched in early June, three neighborhoods have been revitalized.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos