Chicago pastor D. Rayford Bell dies during Sunday sermon
September 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bishop D. Rayford Bell, a Chicago pastor, died while preaching his sermon Sunday at Christ Temple Church.
Bell collapsed just 10 minutes after he began his homily.
He had been pastor and then senior pastor of the church since 1958.
He was also a Chicago Police Department chaplain and the founder of a Chicago Bible College and a church in Joliet.
His church says Bishop Bell preached all over the United States and in 50 countries. He was 90 years old.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 16 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 13 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 35 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
13 min ago
- 7 in :77