Governor Pat Quinn grants clemency to dozens
October 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn granted clemency to 65 people Friday.
His office says the governor is working to eliminate a backlog of more than 2,500 cases built up during the previous administration.
The governor also denied 124 clemency petitions Friday.
Since Quinn took office he has acted on 26,000 clemency requests.
He's turned down more than he's approved.
pat quinn, illinois news
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...