Illinois NAACP convention underway in Chicago
October 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The 77th annual Illinois NAACP convention is underway this weekend at the Marriott O'Hare.
Saturday night's main event was the freedom fund banquet. Hundreds of people gathered in the ballroom for the dinner.
ABC 7's own Hosea Sanders served as the emcee and introduced the keynote speaker.
Earlier in the day, Governor Pat Quinn addressed one of the sessions.
The convention wraps up Sunday morning with a prayer breakfast.
pat quinn, chicago news
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 6 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus