Illinois NAACP convention underway in Chicago
October 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The 77th annual Illinois NAACP convention is underway this weekend at the Marriott O'Hare.
Saturday night's main event was the freedom fund banquet. Hundreds of people gathered in the ballroom for the dinner.
ABC 7's own Hosea Sanders served as the emcee and introduced the keynote speaker.
Earlier in the day, Governor Pat Quinn addressed one of the sessions.
The convention wraps up Sunday morning with a prayer breakfast.
pat quinn, chicago news
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant