Los Angeles News
Driver dies after slamming into Metro bus in North Hollywood
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES -- A driver who slammed into a Metro bus in North Hollywood died Monday, and several others on the bus were injured.
Authorities say the accident happened just before 3 p.m. at Saticoy Street and Laurel Canyon Boulevard. The vehicle rear-ended the transit bus, which was carrying approximately 20 passengers.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the bus was declared dead at the scene. He has only been identified as an elderly man.
At least five others, including one adult and four children, were hospitalized for minor injuries.
The cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but police are investigating whether the driver of the car had some kind of medical issue because there were no skid marks.
accident, north hollywood, los angeles news
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos