Los Angeles News
Driver dies after slamming into Metro bus in North Hollywood
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES -- A driver who slammed into a Metro bus in North Hollywood died Monday, and several others on the bus were injured.
Authorities say the accident happened just before 3 p.m. at Saticoy Street and Laurel Canyon Boulevard. The vehicle rear-ended the transit bus, which was carrying approximately 20 passengers.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the bus was declared dead at the scene. He has only been identified as an elderly man.
At least five others, including one adult and four children, were hospitalized for minor injuries.
The cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but police are investigating whether the driver of the car had some kind of medical issue because there were no skid marks.
accident, north hollywood, los angeles news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer