Mayor Rahm Emanuel, 'The Chew's' Mario Batali on panel to discuss Chicago small business
October 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- They're coming up with ideas on how to bring more small businesses to Chicago and make the city's communities even more successful.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and renowned chef Mario Batali took part in a panel Sunday to discuss how small businesses drive jobs and revenue to local communities.
Sunday's panel which also included Bill Curtis is part of the Chicago Ideas Week event.
"Chicago's a fertile ground and that there's a lot of opportunity here, and people should come here whether they're tourists or whether they're gonna come and just build their own business," Batali said.
Chef Batali, co-host on ABC's "The Chew" will be opening a new business in Chicago.
Eataly, a market and restaurant is scheduled to open in River North next month.
rahm emanuel, chicago news
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 40 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- Swimming pools upgrade project moving forward
- Blagojevich begins 3rd year in prison 53 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 44 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years...
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz... 30 min ago
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción: Voces...
14 min ago