Senator Dick Durbin attends local health fair, says Obama focused on fixing national healthcare website problems
October 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Senator Dick Durbin says President Obama is focused on fixing the problems with the healthcare website.
He spoke during a health fair Saturday at Norwegian American Hospital. It was hosted by the Puerto Rican Cultural Center.
It was intended to educate members of Chicago's Hispanic community about the affordable care act. People also had a chance to enroll for health insurance coverage.
"I think the website will be up and functioning soon for everybody across the United States," Durbin said. "But Illinois' website is still strong and still accepting applications."
The first 200 visitors to the health fair received free flu shots. The hospital also provided a number of health screenings.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap