11-year-old faces reckless conduct charge in stabbing of 7-year-old in Lansing
October 31, 2013 (LANSING, Ill.) (WLS) -- An 11-year-old faces a reckless conduct charge in the September stabbing of a 7-year-old in Lansing.
This is an update to an exclusive story Eyewitness News reported in late September.
It was on September 28 when police responded to a call of a child who had been stabbed in the head with a utility knife.
JaMarkus Lofton underwent surgery and was released from the hospital five days later.
Lofton's mother says the incident happened following a basketball game when another child pulled the knife on her child.
- Officer in good condition following police chase 4 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...