Tinley Park man Dominic Kowalcyzk to compete in ABC's 'Great Christmas Light Fight'
November 11, 2013 (TINLEY PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A southwest suburban family is joining a fight for the country's best holiday lights.
Three-hundred hours of work paid off for Dominic Kowalczyk and his relatives in Tinley Park.
He's only 28 years old, but he's been decorating his family home for more than 20 years. Next month, Kowalczyk's bright idea will be featured on a new ABC show "The Great Christmas Light Fight."
Kowalczyk will be one of 20 contestants racking up their electric bills for the competition.
The winner in each episode will be awarded $50,000.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 6 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos