New Jersey News
Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
ROCHELLE PARK, N.J. -- Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Wednesday morning in Rochelle Park, New Jersey.
The body, face down and partially clothed, was found at 8:30 a.m. in the bushes near Route 17 North off Passaic Street.
The woman has been identified as 53-year old Christine Bezak of Spring Valley Road in Maywood.
Authorities say she did not return home last night, and her husband called police.
Bezak was married and a mother of two.
According to police, several alcohol bottles were found nearby but it is not clear whether they have any connection to the case.
Some nearby roadways were closed while the investigation took place, causing travel delays in the area.
The death has been ruled suspicious, and the case has been turned over to the Bergen County Prosecutor's office.
new jersey news, new jersey, body found, new jersey news
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 49 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77