FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
December 8, 2013 (WLS) -- FEMA crews are canvassing the parts of central Illinois hit hard during the deadly tornado outbreak last month.
They're offering information, identifying needs and helping survivors register for disaster assistance.
Nearly 75 crew members are stopping by homes, business and other high-traffic locations in affected areas.
Residents should be certain to ask for federal identification before providing person information.
Federal and state officials always have an official FEMA badge.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds