Baby born 17 weeks early to be home for holiday
December 10, 2013 (DOWNERS GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A baby born 17 weeks early will be home for the holidays.
Baby Meghan weighed less than a pound at birth. On Tuesday, she's going home weighing a healthy 7 pounds.
"I've waited a very long time for her, and she's truly a miracle," said mom Rene.
The infant spent the past five months in the neonatal intensive care unit at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove. Doctors say she has no major medical complications. And she is strong enough to go home with her family.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant