Homewood-Flossmoor teacher faced allegations before death
December 16, 2013 (FLOSSMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Students at a south suburban high school are mourning the death of a teacher.
Just before the teacher's death, officials were looking into a serious allegation against him.
A week ago, administrators at Homewood-Flossmoor High School reacted to allegations against a teacher -- contacting the Department of Children and Family Services and Homewood police. But before an investigation proceeded in earnest, the subject of the investigation was found dead at his home.
Students and parents were informed Wednesday that teacher Kevin Wall, 49, of the 18100-block of Harwood in Homewood, had died. Wall had been at Homewood-Flossmoor for nine years; he taught English, theatre and was a speech coach.
On Monday, the school district's spokesperson said in part: "Mr. Wall had a tremendous impact on our students and as a community we are grieving but we are also trying to work through and process the additional information related to this situation regarding the allegations that have been made."
local, leah hope
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation