Barbara Walters 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013
December 18, 2013 -- It is the list we wait all year to hear: who was most fascinating in 2013?
"We don't use the word important that's why we say fascinating. They make us look at them," says Barbara Walters.
From Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence to Miley, Barbara Walters interviews the 10 most fascinating people of 2013.
"We didn't even know who she [Jennifer Lawrence] was a few years ago, now she's probably the biggest female star," says Walters.
And of Miley Cyrus, Walters says she has undergone one of the biggest personal and professional transformations she has seen over the past five years.
"She is more important now than she was as Hannah Montana," she said. "She had to change or she would be finished, and it was fun for me to see the growth. She has been criticized; people have said her behavior is disgraceful. And we talk to her about that."
The reality stars from duck dynasty brought out a TV first from the seasoned journalist.
"The fact that we have a family doing duck calls that is fascinating, allowed me to go 'quack', and I haven't done that in an interview before!"
Good Morning America's Robin Roberts, Pope Francis, Britain's Prince George, NSA leaker Edward Snowden, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West all make the list.
But there was one big question mark that had everyone fascinated - who is number one?
That honor went to Hillary Clinton, who was also number one in 1993 - the first year of Barbara Walters' special.
Walters hinted to Clinton during her preview of the special by saying, "A person we have interviewed before and a person we may be interviewing for years to come."
barbara walters, abc, 6abc, miley cyrus, oscars, pope francis, royals, robin roberts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home