Michigan ice storm: ComEd sends crews to restore power to 250,000
December 23, 2013 (CRESTWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- ComEd crews are heading to Michigan to help crews there restore power after an ice storm.
Thirty workers left Monday afternoon from south suburban Crestwood.
More than 250,000 people are without power because of the weekend ice storm.
Up to two inches of ice is currently coating power lines.
Michigan's largest utilities say it will be days before most of those blacked out get their power back.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds