Qawmane Wilson charged in his mother's murder; Yolanda Harris shot to death in Uptown in 2012
December 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Qawmane Wilson, 24, allegedly arranged the murder of his mother, Yolanda Holmes, 45, at her Uptown apartment.
Wilson faces two felonies charges of murder and home invasion in the September 2012 murder. Eugene Spencer, 22, and Lorian Johnson, 23, are also charged in the case. Spencer faces first-degree murder.
Holmes owned an Uptown beauty salon.
In a statement, police say Wilson "arranged to have his mother murdered" by Spencer on September 2, 2012 in the 1000-block of West Montrose. Johnson is identified as Spencer's driver.
Wilson was arrested on December 22. The two others were arrested on December 23, 2013.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
7 min ago