Stolen brains and UFOs: Strangest news stories of 2014 so far
Friday, January 03, 2014
We're only a few days into the new year, but we've already noticed something peculiar in the air. Will 2014 be the year of weird?
- In Indianapolis a man was arrested for stealing $5,000 worth of brains from a museum. What could anyone want with that?
- In Salt Lake City, a reporter fainted on air during an interview — only to get back up and continue as if nothing had happened.
- All around California, eyewitnesses are claiming they saw UFOs on New Year's Eve. We're keeping an eye on this story to see what the official explanation — until then, check out the video and see what you think it could be.
- A mysterious crop circle was also spotted outside Salinas, with the number 192 repeated over and over in Braille. The strange sight drew big crowds, but a farmer has since mowed it down to keep gawkers from contaminating his crops.
We can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 20 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos