Stolen brains and UFOs: Strangest news stories of 2014 so far
Friday, January 03, 2014
We're only a few days into the new year, but we've already noticed something peculiar in the air. Will 2014 be the year of weird?
- In Indianapolis a man was arrested for stealing $5,000 worth of brains from a museum. What could anyone want with that?
- In Salt Lake City, a reporter fainted on air during an interview — only to get back up and continue as if nothing had happened.
- All around California, eyewitnesses are claiming they saw UFOs on New Year's Eve. We're keeping an eye on this story to see what the official explanation — until then, check out the video and see what you think it could be.
- A mysterious crop circle was also spotted outside Salinas, with the number 192 repeated over and over in Braille. The strange sight drew big crowds, but a farmer has since mowed it down to keep gawkers from contaminating his crops.
We can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 27 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 1 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 14 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 17 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 37 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
1 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
10 min ago