Chef Grant Achatz considers 'baby ban' at Alinea in tweet
January 13, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A crying baby at his upscale Chicago restaurant Alinea led Chef Grant Achatz to tweet about a possible ''baby ban.''
The infant was brought into Alinea on Saturday, and apparently had a crying fit.
Chef Achatz tweeted about his tiny guest, questioning whether he should consider banning babies there. He tweeted: "Tbl brings 8mo.Old. It cries. Diners mad. Tell ppl no kids? Subject diners 2crying? Ppl take infants 2 plays? Concerts? Hate saying no,but.."
As a father, Achatz said he can see both sides of the argument.
"We want to accept young children into the restaurant. I take my kids to nice restaurants. But we also have 20 other people that have paid money to come experience a certain thing," said Achatz.
Achatz also tweeted a picture of two fish heads and "Definitely not baby food."
Diners pay $250 each and often wait for months for a reservation at Alinea.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap