Blagojevich prosecutor Reid Schar hired in Chris Christie New Jersey bridge scandal
January 16, 2014 (WLS) -- The former federal prosecutor Reid Schar, who helped convict former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, has a new high-profile job.
Reid Schar has been tapped to investigate the apparent political payback scandal involving New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's administration.
Schar will advise a legislative committee investigating a plot that shut down lanes to the George Washington Bridge causing massive traffic jams in the town of Fort Lee.
There will be additional subpoenas in the case issued on Thursday.
Schar left the U.S. Attorney's Office in Chicago to work at Jenner & Block, a private practice in 2012.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 49 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 20 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 40 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
49 min ago