Naperville murder charges filed against suspect Grant Muren
January 25, 2014 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 21-year-old suburban man is charged with first-degree murder after allegedly strangling his new roommate, hours after moving into the man's townhome.
Fifty-four-year-old Charles Clark was found dead on Wednesday in his home in Naperville.
Prosecutors say 21-year-old Grant Muren beat him and strangled him. State's attorney Tim Diamond said the two fought after having quote "intimate relations."
Authorities say the suspect moved in after answering Clark's Craigslist posting for a new roommate.
Bond for Muren was set at $2 million over the weekend. His next court appearance was scheduled for February 24, according to authorities.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 15 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way 10 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as alderman 9 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
16 min ago