Naperville murder charges filed against suspect Grant Muren
January 25, 2014 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 21-year-old suburban man is charged with first-degree murder after allegedly strangling his new roommate, hours after moving into the man's townhome.
Fifty-four-year-old Charles Clark was found dead on Wednesday in his home in Naperville.
Prosecutors say 21-year-old Grant Muren beat him and strangled him. State's attorney Tim Diamond said the two fought after having quote "intimate relations."
Authorities say the suspect moved in after answering Clark's Craigslist posting for a new roommate.
Bond for Muren was set at $2 million over the weekend. His next court appearance was scheduled for February 24, according to authorities.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 23 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos