No bond for Alisha Walker, charged in murder of Brother Rice teacher Alan Filan
January 30, 2014 (ORLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman with a history of prostitution was held without bond in the stabbing death of a Brother Rice teacher.
Police found the body of 61-year-old Alan Filan last week at his home in south suburban Orland Park. They were conducting a wellbeing check after he failed to show up for work.
Alisha Walker, 20, of Ohio, was extradited from Indiana on Wednesday in the murder of Filan.
"The defendant in a videotaped statement to authorities, claimed the victim grabbed a knife which the defendant was able to grab control of and stabbed the victim 13 times," John Dillon, Cook County State's attorney, said. "Officers also observed bloody footprints that appeared from a high heel shoe of a woman from the victim's body to the victim's front door."
Police say Walker has a history of prostitution, and Filan contacted the woman online to perform a sex act for money. Last week, police tracked Walker down in Fort Wayne, Indiana, through her cell phone because Filan had sent her text messages, officials said.
Walker's court-appointed attorney had no comment. Her family said she acted in self defense.
Filan was a longtime business teacher at Brother Rice High School in Chicago.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 59 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- 7 in :77