Grand Crossing alert after man approaches girl on way to school near 70th and Indiana
February 8, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a community alert in the South Side's Grand Crossing neighborhood after they said a man approached a young girl while she was walking to school.
The incident happened Friday in the 7000-block of South Indiana Avenue.
According to police, the man started yelling at the girl to come over to him and started walking quickly toward her.
Police said she then ran to school and told her teachers but was not hurt.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 26 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
24 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
26 min ago