Man charged with murder for Englewood stabbing death; Roosevelt Shaffer, 72, allegedly stabbed Raymond Robinson to death
February 15, 2014 (CHICAGO) -- A 72-year-old man has been charged with the stabbing death of an elderly man Friday morning in Englewood.
Roosevelt Shaffer, 72, was charged with one count of first-degree murder for fatally stabbing the man in the 6900 block of West 63rd Street, according to a police News Affairs release.
Raymond Robinson, 69, was stabbed in the right side of his chest during a verbal argument about 10 a.m., authorities said.
Robinson, of the 1600 block of North Lotus Avenue, was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where he was pronounced dead at 10:56 a.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
Shaffer, of the 900 block of West 63rd Street, is scheduled to appear in bond court Sunday, police said.
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case merge, police say 17 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office 26 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute 52 min ago
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case...
17 min ago