Los Angeles News
High-speed police chase ends on PCH in Malibu
MALIBU, Calif. -- A high-speed police pursuit ended in the Malibu area Thursday night after police pulled over a white BMW 750i for weaving and speeding.
The car began to flee CHP officers at Indiana Street and the 5 Freeway in the East L.A. area at about 9:40 p.m.
The BMW reached speeds in excess of 100 mph going from Mid-City to Santa Monica on the 10 Freeway. The car then led officers onto northbound lanes of Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica and through Pacific Palisades.
The chase continued into Malibu around Point Dume speeding at times as fast as 80 mph in a dark area with low visibility.
A CHP unit caught up to the BMW near Lunita Road and forced the car to the side of the road with a PIT maneuver. Officers jumped out and pulled the driver from the BMW. Two other people in the car were also taken into custody.
california highway patrol, car chase, pursuit, los angeles news
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds