Rolling Stones Chicago concert: May 28 at United Center for '50 and Counting' tour
April 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Rolling Stones announced their nine-city "50 and Counting" tour Wednesday and it includes a stop at Chicago's United Center May 28.
Tickets for the show will go on sale April 8 at 10 a.m. Central Standard Time. It is the first time the band has performed in Chicago since their show at Soldier Field on October 11, 2006. They have performed at United Center several times before including shows in 2006 and 1999.
The legendary band is celebrating their 50th anniversary with the highly anticipated tour.
"'50 AND COUNTING' has been pretty amazing so far," Mick Jagger said in a press release. "We did a few shows in London and New York last year and had such a good time that we thought, let's do some more. It's a good show. Lots of the classic stuff everyone wants to hear with a few little gems tucked in here and there. The stage is shaped like lips and goes off into the venue so I get to run around in the crowd. It's great fun to be able to get that close to the audience."
"From day one at rehearsals it sounded so fresh. You could tell that everybody was dying to get their teeth into it. It was like: open the gates, let us out!" Keith Richards said. "Cause man, it is the life and blood of us to play in front of people."
The tour will also stop in Oakland; San Jose; Las Vegas; Anaheim; Toronto; Los Angeles; Philadelphia and Boston.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 2 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 46 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds