YMCA faces suit over alleged molestation
February 9, 2009 (WLS) -- A lawsuit has been filed against a suburban YMCA by the family of a 4-year-old girl who claims a swimming coach employed by the facility molested her.
Twenty-two-year-old Kevin Skowron was fired back in November. On the same day he was fired he was charged with assaulting two girls at the Buehler YMCA in Palatine.
The lawsuit accuses the owners of the YMCA of being negligent and reckless for not firing Skowron as soon as the abuse allegations surfaced.
"Any institution that deals with children as soon as there is an allegation, not only do they have to report it to DCFS and the police, but they have to take that individual out of service immediately," said Joe Klest, plaintiff's attorney.
The YMCA would not comment on the lawsuit.
Skowron has been charged but not convicted. He has another court appearance scheduled for Friday.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos