FBI investigating pair of suburban bank heists
February 17, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The FBI is trying to figure out whether there's a connection between two suburban bank robberies that happened hours apart.
The most recent happened Monday in Skokie around 4 p.m.
Police say five men walked into a Chase Bank branch on Dempster and ordered those inside to get down on the floor before taking off with cash.
A similar robbery happened in Oak Lawn a few hours earlier. Police say a group of men armed with handguns targeted a Suburban Bank and Trust on South Cicero.
No one was hurt in either incident.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 31 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter 4 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
29 min ago