Chicago police make drug bust
February 18, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say they've arrested three people and recovered crack and powder cocaine, marijuana, a high-powered assault rifle, two handguns and more than $14,000 in cash.
Eric Mason and Larry Covington of the 9100-block of South Justine were charged with possession of a controlled substance and aggravated, unlawful use of a weapon. Kizzi Campbell of the 1300-block of West 92nd Street was charged with manufacture/delivery of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Police say the gang unit conducted an investigation into recent shootings and learned that a shooting involved gang factions disputing over narcotics sales. They say that investigation enabled them to obtain intelligence about narcotics inside a home where they executed a search warrant Wednesday morning.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 31 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 36 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos