Former Cook County aide convicted
February 19, 2009 (WLS) -- A former top aide to Cook County Commissioner Jerry "the Iceman" Butler is sentenced to 13-years in prison.
Karen Bailey was convicted of financial exploitation of the elderly and theft by deception. She stole nearly $300,000 from an 87-year-old Mary Ann Wilson.
Prosecutors say Bailey gained Wilson's trust to the point that Wilson granted her a power of attorney and that gave bailey access to her money.
Bailey worked for as a secretary for the Cook County commissioner for 14 years.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old