Day care worker pleads not guilty
February 19, 2009 (WLS) -- The daycare worker accused in the death of a toddler entered a not guilty plea in court Thursday.
Prosecutors believe 22-year-old Melissa Calusinski slammed the 16-month-old to the ground at the Lincolnshire daycare because he was too noisy.
The child later died from head injuries and Calusinski is charged with first degree murder.
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services closed the Minee Subee in the Park pending the outcome of its investigation.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 40 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 31 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player 11 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 30 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks 8 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy 11 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 57 min ago
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
40 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without...
8 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from...
11 min ago