Day care worker pleads not guilty
February 19, 2009 (WLS) -- The daycare worker accused in the death of a toddler entered a not guilty plea in court Thursday.
Prosecutors believe 22-year-old Melissa Calusinski slammed the 16-month-old to the ground at the Lincolnshire daycare because he was too noisy.
The child later died from head injuries and Calusinski is charged with first degree murder.
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services closed the Minee Subee in the Park pending the outcome of its investigation.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 30 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 33 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 20 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 20 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 34 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 10 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- Chicago street repaving begins
11 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos