Former Casey Anthony defense lawyer visits ABC7
July 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A DePaul University professor, lawyer and author knows Casey Anthony and was on the defense team in the early days of the case.
Andrea Lyon appeared on ABC 7 News Thursday morning. She was brought in by lead defense attorney Jose Baez after the state of Florida decided to seek the death penalty against Anthony. Lyon is an expert in death penalty cases. She says despite what many people think about Casey Anthony, the truth did come out in the trial.
Lyon adds she's glad the jury paid attention to the evidence and wasn't swayed by what she calls 'mob mentality.'
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos