Sold puppies infected with distemper
January 19, 2012 (WLS) -- Two Chicago area pet stores recently sold puppies infected with distemper.
The dogs were bought from the Happiness is Pets shops in Naperville and Downers Grove.
Distemper is a potentially deadly illness and is highly contagious to other dogs.
Signs of distemper include fever, loss of appetite or respiratory distress.
The Humane Society of the U.S. urges anyone who recently bought a sick puppy from a pet store, or whose dog has been exposed to a puppy, to carefully inspect your dog for signs of illness.
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois
- World mourns Nelson Mandela 2 min ago
- Cell phone plans reduced with own device at AT&T 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Groundbreaking for $32M DHL facility at O'Hare
- Motorist drives onto CTA tracks in Cicero
- Woman says doc posted ER photos on social media
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Boozer leads Bulls to 107-87 win over Heat
- Man charged with raping woman he met on social media
- Jobs Report: 203K added, unemployment at 7 pct
- Wrigley Field Christmas tree lit
- Rose calls meniscus tear a 'freak accident'
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins
- 7 in :77