ABC7 remembers Sheldon Hoffenberg
July 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 is mourning the loss of our dear friend and colleague, Sheldon Hoffenberg, who we all called Shelly.
You didn't see him on TV, but you saw and heard his work here on ABC7 for the past 34 years.
Shelly was a newswriter and producer. He began his career in print journalism, working for the old City News Bureau.
Certainly, the highlight of his work week here was producing our Newsviews interview segment seen during ABC7's Sunday morning news.
Shelly worked with his colleagues at ABC7 for many years, and you would have to look far to find anyone more passionate about politics than Shelly. He set up the interviews with senators and representatives, mayors and future presidents.
He wanted to make sure they were held accountable to you - and he did.
Shelly passed away this weekend after a short battle with cancer. He was 74.
We will miss him - and so will you.
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force 53 min ago
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- 'Louder Than A Bomb' Poetry Slam
- Mercy Home For Boys & Girls 47 min ago
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
53 min ago