Burbank school locked down after shots fired blocks away
October 2, 2012 (BURBANK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Liberty Junior High School in southwest suburban Burbank was locked down Tuesday after gunfire was reported several blocks away.
Officials say the lockdown was a precautionary measure and parents were asked to pick up their children from the school.
The shots were exchanged between a group of people on the sidewalk and a passing vehicle. No details have been released. Officials are investigating.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune aired at 2:05 a.m. 23 min ago
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area