Loop rally against Obama health mandate
October 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands rallied in the Loop on Saturday against the Obama administration's health and human services mandate.
Organizers say the mandate, which includes employer-provided contraception, is an attack on religious freedom because it applies to religious schools and hospitals.
Protestors marched from Federal Plaza over to Daley Plaza, where speakers denounced the mandate and urged participants to vote their conscience on November 6.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos