1963 Loyola Ramblers men's basketball team visits President Obama
July 11, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- The 1963 Loyola Ramblers men's basketball team stopped by the Oval Office on Thursday.
They met with President Obama as part of the school's 50th anniversary celebration of their national championship win.
The 1963 Ramblers were the first team in college basketball to start four black men on their starting line.
They went on to beat the University of Cincinnati in overtime to win the national championship that year.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 55 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond 42 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M 51 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
55 min ago