1963 Loyola Ramblers men's basketball team visits President Obama
July 11, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- The 1963 Loyola Ramblers men's basketball team stopped by the Oval Office on Thursday.
They met with President Obama as part of the school's 50th anniversary celebration of their national championship win.
The 1963 Ramblers were the first team in college basketball to start four black men on their starting line.
They went on to beat the University of Cincinnati in overtime to win the national championship that year.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 12 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 3 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 47 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 37 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 37 min ago
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 11 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago 24 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
1 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos