Alleged priest abuse victim's father-in-law testifies
The defense called the father-in-law of the accuser Monday in sex abuse trial of a former Jesuit priest.
Donald McGuire is accused of traveling outside the U.S. and across state lines to have sex with a teenager between 2000 and 2003.
The father-in-law of the alleged victim says his son-in-law has trouble telling the truth. Under cross examination, he admitted his opinion was based on family situations and not the sex abuse case.
McGuire was convicted of child molestation in Wisconsin in 2006 and sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 23 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
23 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos