Emanuel names Mark Angelson new deputy mayor
April 20, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel has named his new city finance team and the deputy mayor will only make $1 a year.
Former business executive Mark Angelson will lead the economic council as the new deputy mayor. Emanuel said he wants to cut $75 million from the current budget.
Angelson, who has led several major companies-- including R R Donnelley and World Color Press, will earn a salary of $1.
"He will evaluate every one of the city programs. He will ask tough questions about ways we can bring down costs, improve services, [and] promote efficiency and transparency," Mayor-elect Emanuel said.
Also on the financial team- Lois Scott and Alexandra Holt, chief financial officer and budget director, respectively.
Emanuel will be sworn in on May16.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area