Emanuel names Mark Angelson new deputy mayor
April 20, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel has named his new city finance team and the deputy mayor will only make $1 a year.
Former business executive Mark Angelson will lead the economic council as the new deputy mayor. Emanuel said he wants to cut $75 million from the current budget.
Angelson, who has led several major companies-- including R R Donnelley and World Color Press, will earn a salary of $1.
"He will evaluate every one of the city programs. He will ask tough questions about ways we can bring down costs, improve services, [and] promote efficiency and transparency," Mayor-elect Emanuel said.
Also on the financial team- Lois Scott and Alexandra Holt, chief financial officer and budget director, respectively.
Emanuel will be sworn in on May16.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 29 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 56 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77