Emanuel names Mark Angelson new deputy mayor
April 20, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel has named his new city finance team and the deputy mayor will only make $1 a year.
Former business executive Mark Angelson will lead the economic council as the new deputy mayor. Emanuel said he wants to cut $75 million from the current budget.
Angelson, who has led several major companies-- including R R Donnelley and World Color Press, will earn a salary of $1.
"He will evaluate every one of the city programs. He will ask tough questions about ways we can bring down costs, improve services, [and] promote efficiency and transparency," Mayor-elect Emanuel said.
Also on the financial team- Lois Scott and Alexandra Holt, chief financial officer and budget director, respectively.
Emanuel will be sworn in on May16.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced 43 min ago
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago