Daily Herald: Heroin in the Suburbs Rising
As deaths attributed to heroin use continue to rise in the suburbs, several groups of young adults are trying to turn the trend around before they lose even more friends to the drug.
Staff Writer Melissa Silverberg writes about how the issue, as well as how groups of young adults who've been touched by it are working to reverse the trend through YouTube videos, events and talking to their peers.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, June 24, 2012, or online at http://dailyherald.com/.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates